EIT Digital seeks a Fundraising & Venture Capital relationship manager covering Central Eastern Europe
EIT Digital is a leading European open innovation organization. Our mission is to foster digital technology innovation and entrepreneurial talent for economic growth and quality of life in Europe. We bring together entrepreneurs from a partnership of over 130 top European corporations, SMEs, start-ups, universities and research institutes. EIT Digital invests in strategic areas to accelerate the market uptake of research-based digital technologies and to bring entrepreneurial talent and leadership to Europe. EIT Digital is consistently mobilizing talents, ideas, technologies, investments and business across Europe and beyond to stimulate disruptive digital innovation. The headquarter is in Brussels with co-location centers in Berlin, Eindhoven, London, Helsinki, Paris, Stockholm, Trento, as well as in Budapest and Madrid. EIT Digital’s mission is to turn these already excellent regional clusters into world-class innovation hotspots. Find out more about EIT Digital from http://www.eitdigital.eu
Within its Business Development Accelerator (BDA), EIT Digital is coaching more than 80 startups and scale-ups located across Europe and is supporting them in their fundraisings (Access to Finance). The purpose of this job is to develop this activity that supports the BDA startups, and consequently help them in their European expansion.
The Fundraising Manager will coordinate within the Access to Finance team (A2F) fundraisings for Eastern European (in Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia) startups looking for international expansion, as well as EU startups seeking financing from these regions. These start-ups are in general seeking to raise between 1 and 10m€. The Fundraising Manager will collaborate closely with the European A2F team, the European Business Developers, and especially with the head of the Business Development Accelerator (BDA). He/she will report to the Head of Access to Finance. This is a full-time position.
1. Engage with European startups coached within EIT Digital’s Business Accelerator in order to understand and fine-tune their financing needs (amount, timing, use of proceeds).
2. Work with the CEOs of startups to prepare and rehearse their pitch (to investors).
3. Review and comment the fundraising Pitches and Business Plans prepared by the start-ups.
4. Connect with Venture Capital firms and selected investors in the region.
5. Build up strong relationships within the Eastern-Europe Venture Capital ecosystem.
6. Organize and co-ordinate fundraisings in a variety of formats (e.g. face to face meetings, events, introductions) for the selected startups.
7. Negotiate fundraising term-sheets and financial agreements.
8. Collaborate with BDA team of EIT Digital to organize joint events.
Place of employment
EIT Digital Co-Location Center in Budapest: Hungary-1117, Budapest, Bogdánfy u. 10/a.
Regular travels are expected for this position.
- 4 to 10 years of experience in fundraising for startups or similar experience within Venture Capital firms
- University degree in Business, Engineering or Science
- Engineering degree with solid experience in finance are welcome
- Strong financial skills, especially on business plan preparation and fine-tuning
- Experience in financial analysis and start-up valuation
- Experience using tools used in the venture capital industry (databases, etc.)
- Prior experience in negotiating financial term-sheets
- Mastery of MS Office (Excel and Powerpoint are a must)
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the Eastern-European Venture Capital industry
- Superior presentation skills in English (verbal, written)
- Excellent ability to convey simple and effective value propositions and messages
- Strong team player in a pan-European context
Bilingual in either Hungarian, German, Slovak, Czech or Polish. Bilingual in English.
Knowledge of any of the following languages: German, Hungarian, German, Slovak, Czech, Polish Slovenian or Italian is an advantage.
If interested, please submit your application in English – motivation letter, detailed CV, photocopy of university degree(s), proof of relevant language skills, and a declaration by the applicant that she/he consents to the use of her/his personal data in the course of the selection process – before March 15th 2016 either electronically to email@example.com or by mail to ELTE Informatikai Kar Dékáni Hivatal, 1117 Budapest, Pázmány P. sétány 1/C.